The Senior Contract Manager is a position within the AGS Finance Department with a reporting line to the Legal Department. The person in the role will provide contract support to the Finance and Business Development Teams but be available to support cross-department work-load spikes and other short-term issues.
Under the general supervision of the Legal Department, this position is responsible for contract negotiation with both internal and external customers and administration services for assigned proposals and contractual agreements consistent with Company's business model.
As the Senior Contracts Manager, you will administer and negotiate moderate to complex service, supplier, and other agreements and monitor cost control, revenue and gross profit projections and balance risk factors using established procedures in order to develop and fulfill the organization's contractual requirements.
Sr. Contracts Manager
* Manage basic to moderate to complex current and new service agreements, both commercial and vendor.
* Work with Finance and Business Development, external customers and internal business partners to negotiate agreements, amendments, legacy renewals and other general documents and interface with AGS management and other departments to develop or review agreements as needed.
* Prepare letter agreements, amendments, statements of work, review proposal submissions terms and conditions and the like.
* Review and analyze RFPs/solicitations, identifying areas of contract risk and developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
* Work with internal business clients to draft and negotiate a wide variety of vendor agreements, amendments and associated documents.
* Maintain strong and effective relationships with internal (e.g., Business Development/Sales, Marketing, IS, HR, Finance, Implementation, Invoicing, Legal, Revenue Recognition) and external clients/customers.
* Assist counsel with privacy-related agreements.
* Assist with pre-award, post-award, and contract management activities.
*Provide guidance on best practices in contract management processes.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of contract functions typically gained through at least 6+ years of increasingly complex responsibilities and experience in a contracts environment with negotiation experience requiredPrevious supervisory experience a plus.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills (including in-person or online presentations), effective interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and good work habits required.
* Strong contracts negotiation skills, including a solid understanding of common legal and business terms and conditions and the ability to effectively explain one's position on such terms and conditions to others. Ability to spot, evaluate, and articulate the risk areas in a contract.
* Ability to balance the need for an immediate response with the need for accuracy and completeness of information and to effectively manage competing internal business and legal interests in time-constrained situations.
* Ability to prioritize workload using good judgment.
* Must possess a very high level of value-oriented client (both internal and external) support skills.
* Be detail oriented and well organized.
* Ability to meet demanding deadlines with an understanding of peak ebbs and flows of position requirements.
* Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment, and to respond quickly to a variety of in-house and customer requests.
* Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to interact effectively orally and in writing with all levels of in-house and customer representatives.
* J.D. preferred, but not required.
* Work Environment: Office Environment
* This is a full-time permanent position based in Hanover, Maryland. Local candidates preferred.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions, general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
Since our company was founded in 1983, the Allegis Group Companies continue to be an organization of employees who are driven to succeed and motivated by a strong desire to serve others. We seek to understand our, customers', consultants' and contract employees' needs and challenges in order to fully meet and exceed their expectations. We provide opportunities for job seekers that align with their skill sets and career ambitions and match our customers' expectations. We constantly partner with our colleagues to further the overall objectives of the organization and we embrace opportunities to give back to the communities where we live and work.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.