The Lead Systems Analyst will work as a member of the Enterprise Business Systems Team, supporting both the Time and Expense products within the ESA/Pay Bill team. These systems include Oracle PeopleSoft's Time and Labor as well as Travel and Expense modules and other enterprise-level commercial-off-the-shelf products as supported via cloud solutions, managed services, and off-shore models. The Lead System Analyst be charged with being a product expert on Time and Allegis Group's time applications. This candidate will lead the analyst team to gather, develop, coordinate, and maintain business processes for various projects from initial phase to final implementation, assuring both business and technical requirements meet defined standards. The Lead Systems Analyst is a key member of a product delivery team, interacting with the Product Owner; application developers; Scrum Masters; third party vendors; Enterprise and Domain Architects; and QA testers, for the full life cycle of projects and sprints. He/she will analyze business processes and needs and assist in designing and documenting solutions through writing stories and task, while working with product owners to build-out and maintain product backlogs. The Lead Systems Analyst will ensure that business needs are defined and delivered with quality, including proactively managing customer expectations and resolving questions around the project deliverables and product features and functionality.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who has demonstrated successful experience in an enterprise development environment, using traditional waterfall and agile methodologies for delivery.
This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments. On a team with multiple efforts with multiple analysts, the Lead Analyst is expected to take a leadership role across the various initiatives ensuring proper standards of delivery are being met.
* Possess in-depth knowledge of the product features and functionality, and the related business processes, the applications and technology goals for the enterprise, knowledge of networks, hardware standards, operating systems, systems development tools and other environmental considerations such as security policies.
* Partner with the product owner as a primary point of contact for requests, as well as research and coordinate responses considering the systems and business processes within the assigned service area; brokering communication and decision making amongst a community of diverse business partners and users of common applications.
* Understand the strategic direction of delivered product features and related business processes, as well as any changes to the product and related processes.
* Lead process analysis-related software development lifecycle (SDLC) activities, including, but not limited to user story definition and management; requirements elicitation and management; and defining related acceptance criteria.
* Mentor other analysts and review/provide feedback on their documentation, communication, and proposed solutions.
* Participate in and support the other SDLC processes, including process model development; design and code reviews; user acceptance testing (including the definition of expected results and acceptance criteria), and manage the defect resolution processes.
* Share and communicate changes and requests to business customers.
* Manage the remediation processes for reported product defects, including coordination with development and business points of contact, triage and trouble-shooting steps, testing to validate resolution, and communication of closure.
* Work with Scrum Master(s), Project Manager(s), and IS manager to define operational metrics to measure product and team success.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math or Science, or equivalent business experience.
* 10 + years of related analysis or consulting experience supporting cloud-based, managed services, and off shore models.
* At least 10 years of enterprise systems analysis and process modeling experience
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Strong working knowledge of analysis skills (including root cause analysis, business process modeling, requirements gathering, data flow analysis) and tools
o Proven experience with creating systems requirements, architecture and design specifications
o Documenting requirements via use cases, user stories, or other industry-recognized methods
* Demonstrated skills in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving
o Adept at queries and business condition writing
o Understanding of rules-based analytical systems and lifecycle
o Understanding of enterprise decision management concepts and methodology
* Working experience with agile software development processes, as well as project management principles and artifacts
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills - written and verbal - with the ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner, including process improvement ideas.
* Ability to work well individually and in a team environment, including on-shore and off-shore team members and third party vendor arrangements
* Dedicated to complete assignments under deadlines
o Comfortable with taking on multiple tasks and supporting multiple teams concurrently
o Undertaking and coaching team members through small research and development / proof of concept projects in support of prototyping and piloting new capabilities
o Understanding of systems supporting both Time capture and Expense processing, specifically Oracle Time and Labor and Travel and Expense, as well as how those modules interact with PeopleSoft HCM and FMS modules. Experience working with other time and expense systems a plus.
o Ability to plug in and assist anywhere from:
analyzing existing competitive products for key features
producing illustrative training documentation,
working with team members to translate to our customers
working with Product Owners to create repeatable tools to share back with customers
* Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
* Organization skills and time management skills to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to mentor team members on architecture, design solutions and development lifecycle management
Desired Abilities and/or Skills:
* Proficient with MS Office suite
* SharePoint admin experience
Customer Focus Integrity & Trust
Dealing with Ambiguity Functional/Technical Skills
Drive for Results Business Acumen
Approachability Self Development
Peer Relationships Decision Quality
Since our company was founded in 1983, the Allegis Group Companies continue to be an organization of employees who are driven to succeed and motivated by a strong desire to serve others. We seek to understand our, customers', consultants' and contract employees' needs and challenges in order to fully meet and exceed their expectations. We provide opportunities for job seekers that align with their skill sets and career ambitions and match our customers' expectations. We constantly partner with our colleagues to further the overall objectives of the organization and we embrace opportunities to give back to the communities where we live and work.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.