The Employment Screening Lead is located in Allegis Group's Corporate Human Resource department in Hanover, MD. This position has primary duties for managing the day-to-day operations of the company's Drug and Occupational Health programs, as well as supporting the background program for Allegis Corporate Services and other operating companies. The position reports to the Employment Screening Program Manager.
Responsibilities include partnering with Field Support Group, Allegis Compliance teams and screening vendors on daily inquires as it relates to our programs. The Employment Screening Team Lead will support various business processes and procedures.
Additionally, the position requires a functional knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within the employment screening industry, specifically drug testing and occupational health programs that may affect the company's use in the hiring process and drug screening program throughout the employee life cycle.
Direct responsibility of employment screening coordinators, managing day-to-day responsibilities, which includes but is not limited to establishing goals and day-to-day team task management.
* Serves as primary escalation point for all issues or concerns related to the program
* Manages day-to-day tasks of the employment screening coordinators
* Partner with OpCo compliance teams on program processes, escalations, and approvals.
* Supports Aerotek and TEKsystems Canada with program management of drug and occupational health services
* Partners with HRIS Analyst on onboarding document updates within onboarding automation system(s)
* Supports Background Program
* Document and manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Employment Screening Programs
* Educate and provide support to OpCo Human Resources and Employee Relations Departments
* Facilitates/coordinate CSA training
* Partner with Employment Screening Manager with management of current screening vendors and alternative vendors (background, drug and occupational health)
* Assist with researching state and federal laws as it pertains to functional area
* Supports employment screening manager with business processes, overall program management and current initiatives
Decision Making Level:
Responsible for decisions related to the day-to-day operations of the Program and resource allocations.
* Experience in building and providing consistent and compliant HR-related programs
* Knowledge of regulated and non-regulated issues to ensure compliance as it relates to Drug Testing as well as Federal and State specific requirements around criminal background checks
* Strong background in customer service
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
* 3-5 years of experience in HR, and/or combination of employment screening
* PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Prior management experience preferred
* Experience/Knowledge of all local, state and federal laws relating to employer use of background investigation in hiring. Laws included, but not limited to EEOC, FCRA.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate, accuracy, quality and timeliness of own work
* Problem solving capabilities
* Ability to establish and modify basic work practices or processes to achieve results or to improve efficiency
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Must be proficient with MS Office
Special Requirements of the job:
* Must be flexible to the needs of the business
* Customer Service
* Building Relationships
* Business Knowledge/Organizational Acumen
* Initiative and Drive
* Leading Self and Others
Since our company was founded in 1983, the Allegis Group Companies continue to be an organization of employees who are driven to succeed and motivated by a strong desire to serve others. We seek to understand our, customers', consultants' and contract employees' needs and challenges in order to fully meet and exceed their expectations. We provide opportunities for job seekers that align with their skill sets and career ambitions and match our customers' expectations. We constantly partner with our colleagues to further the overall objectives of the organization and we embrace opportunities to give back to the communities where we live and work.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.